To insure the integrity of your design, we encourage artwork to be supplied to Promobunting as a print quality PDF.
We have provided a quick checklist to assist with the efficient processing of your artwork.
- Trim and Fold marks (true to final size)
- Internal Bleed (min. 3mm within trim marks)
- External Bleed (min. 5mm outside trim marks)
- Print ready PDF settings
- Images – Min. 300dpi @100%
- CMYK files or Spot Colour (avoid RGB as this profile reduces image quality)
- Fonts – either outline or embed fonts at 100% in all high resolution print ready PDF
- Pages supplied in sequence (we will take care of the imposition)
- Spell check
- Mock it up – Highly recommended for your peace of mind
If you experience difficulties and need assistance with your artwork preparation, please contact us on 1300 455 566.
We support all the latest versions of popular professional graphic design software applications:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Acrobat
Note: Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint software applications will not be accepted for artwork purposes.
The higher the resolution, the better the picture quality, but don’t go too far. The best rule we suggest is create your artwork at 300dpi at final size. Often you don’t have control of your image resolution because it is determined by the setting when the image was originally captured. If unsure contact our pre-press experts on 1300 455 566.
Although we carry thousands of licenced fonts, we may on the rare occasion be unable to match exactly with your special request. Therefore, we recommend that you outline or embed your selected fonts within the program you use to create your finished artwork. This way we can print them as you intended them to appear.
If multiple pages are required it is critical that you supply each page as a separate print ready PDF in page sequence. Our planners will prepare the imposition based on the number of pages and the sequence they are supplied. i.e.:
- Double sided DL leaflet (front & back) – supply a two page print ready PDF file.
- A4 Magazine 4pp Cover + 96pp Text (pp = printed pages) – supply a 100 page print ready
PDF. The first page will be the front cover page, the second page is the inside front t cover etc, and the 100th page is the outside back cover.
The above quick tips may not answer all your question, so if you need more information on preparing your artwork for the best reproduction and printing process then please feel free to contact us and don’t forget to visit our resource section from time to time as we plan to add more useful tools to help take the burden out of managing your print.
PS: If you would like to see a specific tool developed as a useful resource, then send your request to email@example.com.